Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Snapshot

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@mn7hy4fv)
Topic starter

I was wanting to see if i could save a snapshot and restore. I powered down and took a snapshot that look like it saved.

However i can not restore to a new droplet. I get the following "Droplet create event failed, please try again" when trying to create a droplet from the snapshot. 

Is this a known issue? Any tricks to get it working?

Posted : January 25, 2017 6:42 pm
(@sysadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

Posted by: mN7hY4FV

I was wanting to see if i could save a snapshot and restore. I powered down and took a snapshot that look like it saved.

However i can not restore to a new droplet. I get the following "Droplet create event failed, please try again" when trying to create a droplet from the snapshot. 

Is this a known issue? Any tricks to get it working?

Unfortunately several of the more advanced features in the DigitialOcean control panel will no longer be operational once you have installed a Microsoft Windows templates as their system is unable to support it. That may change in the future, but for the moment there is little more to be done as there are no logs available to allow for further troubleshooting (ie. We can't see the actual failure information, only that the restore failed).

Posted : January 25, 2017 6:51 pm
(@mn7hy4fv)
Topic starter

I figured as much, might be worth stating these features dont work in the guide. 

I dont want to run(pay) a machine all the time but thought it would be nice to bring up and down as i saw fit.

Looks like that just isnt possible and requires the support ticket to pull the whole thing off.  

Posted : January 25, 2017 7:00 pm
(@sysadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

Posted by: mN7hY4FV

I figured as much, might be worth stating these features dont work in the guide. 

I dont want to run(pay) a machine all the time but thought it would be nice to bring up and down as i saw fit.

Looks like that just isnt possible and requires the support ticket to pull the whole thing off.  

Thank you for the feedback!

Posted : January 30, 2017 6:40 am
Share: