Notifications
Clear all

Disk in Digitalocean Windows

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@elishain)
Topic starter

Ok i have successfully installed Windows 2012 R2 in Blr-1-01  location… And now i need to add extra storage 1000 GB.. I have created new volume and mounted to the droplet.. i checked unallocated space in windows it was 0GB.. Means New volume not added… And i tried to attach Disk before Recovery ISO .  and for 1000GB i Got only 350GB in unallotted space...Why? seems like digital ocean has make partition in drives.... So is there any way to use 1000GB?

I used This commands to add disk via ssh

$ ssh root@Server IP
sudo mkfs.ext4 -F /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-0DO_Volume_volume-blr1-01
$ sudo mkdir -p /mnt/volume-blr1-01
$ sudo mount -o discard,defaults /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-0DO_Volume_volume-blr1-01 /mnt/volume-blr1-01
&  echo /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-0DO_Volume_volume-blr1-01 /mnt/volume-blr1-01 ext4 defaults,nofail,discard 0 0 | sudo tee -a /etc/fstab

So I didnt understand the commands properly but i used this so please help

Posted : March 15, 2018 1:25 pm
(@sysadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

Posted by: elishain

Ok i have successfully installed Windows 2012 R2 in Blr-1-01  location… And now i need to add extra storage 1000 GB.. I have created new volume and mounted to the droplet.. i checked unallocated space in windows it was 0GB.. Means New volume not added… And i tried to attach Disk before Recovery ISO .  and for 1000GB i Got only 350GB in unallotted space...Why? seems like digital ocean has make partition in drives.... So is there any way to use 1000GB?

I used This commands to add disk via ssh

$ ssh root@Server IP
sudo mkfs.ext4 -F /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-0DO_Volume_volume-blr1-01
$ sudo mkdir -p /mnt/volume-blr1-01
$ sudo mount -o discard,defaults /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-0DO_Volume_volume-blr1-01 /mnt/volume-blr1-01
&  echo /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-0DO_Volume_volume-blr1-01 /mnt/volume-blr1-01 ext4 defaults,nofail,discard 0 0 | sudo tee -a /etc/fstab

So I didnt understand the commands properly but i used this so please help

We don't have a guide on mounting additional disk space inside a Droplet at this time unfortunately.

In regards to the disk space, I would recommend reaching out to DigitalOcean support in regards to why you are seeing 350GB instead of the 1TB you purchased.

Posted : March 17, 2018 11:46 am
Share: