Clear all

dedibox sc 2016 - windows 2016 - no access after deploy

18 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@loicv)
Topic starter

Hi

I did deployed this image : Microsoft_Windows_Server_2016_Datacenter_Evaluation_64-bit_US_English.gz

I had impresion that's all things was good

root@xx-xx-xx-xx:~# wget -O- http://mirror.whatuptime.com/XXXXX/releases/Microsoft_Windows_Server_2016_Datacenter_Evaluation_64-bit_US_English.gz | gunzip | dd of=/dev/sda

--2017-09-08 12:06:20--   http://mirror.whatuptime.com/XXXXX/releases/Microsoft_Windows_Server_2016_Datacenter_Evaluation_64-bit_US_English.gz

Resolving mirror.whatuptime.com (mirror.whatuptime.com)... 198.50.139.60

Connecting to mirror.whatuptime.com (mirror.whatuptime.com)|198.50.139.60|:80... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK

Length: 4596264608 (4,3G) [application/octet-stream]

Saving to: ‘STDOUT’

100%[====================================>] 4 596 264 608 26,8KB/s   in 10m 45s

2017-09-08 12:17:09 (6,79 MB/s) - written to stdout [4596264608/4596264608]

31457280+0 records in

31457280+0 records out

16106127360 bytes (16 GB) copied, 655,813 s, 24,6 MB/s

root@xx-xx-xx-xx:~#

But after i did passed in normal mode, I can't access by RPD to the sever. I did try to restart.... same result

I use the rescue mode and qemu and I can start the windows (in qemu). My impression is that the server, in normal mode, don't succeed to have DHCP IP...

Is there somedoby to help me 😉 ?

Posted : September 8, 2017 11:35 am
(@loicv)
Topic starter

I found information in the event viewer : 

Your computer was not assigned an adress from the network (by the DHCP Server) for the network Card with network address 0xmacadresse ....

I verify the mac Address with rescue linux. It's the same.

Posted : September 8, 2017 4:41 pm
(@sysadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

Please provide all the information requested in the sticky, see here.

Posted : September 8, 2017 6:19 pm
(@loicv)
Topic starter

Template Name: Microsoft_Windows_Server_2016_Datacenter_Evaluation_64-bit_US_English.gz

Vendor: Online.net

Vendor Service Package: dedibox SC 2016

Physical or Virtual: Physical Server

Motherboard: ???

Processor: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU  C2338  @ 1.74GHz

RAM: 4GB

Ethernet controller : Intel Corporation I210 Gigabit

Error Information:  After deployment : no access via RDP (try from different site, others servers still accessible via RDP)

Posted : September 11, 2017 10:48 am
(@loicv)
Topic starter

With rescue mode (Ubuntu 14)

Qemu : wget -qO- /tmp https://ia601503.us.archive.org/12/items/vkvm.tar/vkvm.tar.gz | tar xvz -C /tmp

launch serveur in emulated mode : /tmp/qemu-system-x86_64 -net nic -net user,hostfwd=tcp::3389-:3389 -m 2048M -localtime -enable-kvm -cpu host,+nx -M pc -smp 2 -vga std -usbdevice tablet -k en-us -hda /dev/sda -boot c -vnc :1

With VNCviewer and public IP of the server, you can access to your server and view event log : Your computer was not assigned an adress from the network (by the DHCP Server) for the network Card with network address 0xmacadresse. The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try obtain an address on its own from the network address 5DHCP) server.

Posted : September 11, 2017 11:44 am
(@loicv)
Topic starter

I had open a ticket at Online.net. They told mes that there are no problem on their infrastructure...

Where is the problem. Why this deployment image is not accessible ?

Posted : September 12, 2017 7:39 am
(@sysadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

Posted by: loicv

I had open a ticket at Online.net. They told mes that there are no problem on their infrastructure...

Where is the problem. Why this deployment image is not accessible ?

Unfortunately as it stands I do not have that answer available, however we are still actively troubleshooting with the intent of coming to a resolution.

As soon as we have any information to share, we will release it.

Apologies for in the unforseen issues.

Posted : September 12, 2017 5:15 pm
(@loicv)
Topic starter

🙁

wich information can I give you to resolve this issue ?

Posted : September 12, 2017 7:43 pm
(@sysadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

🙁

wich information can I give you to resolve this issue ?

Unfortunately, I do not believe there is any information you can provide at this stage to assist in the troubleshooting, unless of course you have a solution 🙂

Posted : September 12, 2017 7:45 pm
(@sysadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

Hi Guys,

Thanks to a generous member here I have had direct access to a SC SATA 2016 for the last few days allowing me direct access to an Online.net machine where the templates we provide fail to work as intended. I have spent countless hours troubleshooting at this stage and honestly I am truly at a loss as to the reasons for the problems being faced.

My research/troubleshooting thus far...

1. The issue appears to be limited to the "SC SATA or SC SSD" in the personal range of dedicated servers provided by Online.net. I have confirmed the templates are working correctly on various other "XC SATA and XC SSD" servers.
  2. The templates successfully install Windows to the dedicated servers and Windows starts without error (It boots up correctly)
  3. The drivers for the Intel I210 NICs are properly included in the templates and the NIC's are being properly installed according to both the Windows event log and the device log (I booted the Windows installation via QEMU using rescue mode to review all logs).
  4. Upon Windows booting & NIC drivers being installed typically an IPv4 IP is assigned via DHCP from Online.net's network, however in the current case an IP is never assigned (This is quite unexpected, DHCP is working as expected on all other non-SC systems we tested).
  5. I have manually assigned the correct IP address to the NIC using Windows NETSH command via batch file and Task Scheduler. The IP is correctly assigned to the NIC, the server responds to ping (I disabled the Windows firewall completely), however I am unable to access to the server via RDP (Remote Desktop) as it hangs on "Securing Connection".
  6. In light of RDP failing to connect I installed both TeamViewer & VNC, both fail to connect even though the server responds to ping.
  7. When booting Windows via QEMU using Online.net's rescue mode all three connection methods work without issue (RDP, TeamViewer & VNC).

I am uncertain where to head from here, but I am continuing to troubleshoot as ideas come to me.

Posted : September 13, 2017 4:14 pm
(@loicv)
Topic starter

I have put manually IP (by scheduled task)

The server can ping an outside IP (8.8.8.8 by exemple)

When I Try to catch traffic with wrireshark. I can observe first exchange between client RDP and server

attach file RDP session with server in normal mode.

Posted : September 20, 2017 6:53 am
(@loicv)
Topic starter

And now, RDP exchange in Qemu mode.

client RDP successfuly connect to server

Posted : September 20, 2017 7:00 am
(@mianor64)

Same issue here with Dedibox SC 2016 and Windows 10 Enterprise. Let me know if you want access to my server to make additional tests.

Template Name: Microsoft_Windows_10_Enterprise_Evaluation_64-bit_US_English.gz

Vendor: Online.net

Vendor Service Package: Dedibox SC 2016 SATA

Physical or Virtual: Physical Server

Motherboard: ???

Processor: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU  C2350  @ 1.70GHz

RAM: 4GB

Error Information:  After deployment : no access via RDP

Posted : September 21, 2017 12:03 pm
(@loicv)
Topic starter

I had try Microsoft_Windows_Server_2012_R2_Datacenter_Evaluation_64-bit_US_English.gz with same result. No Ip by the DHCP online.net

Posted : September 21, 2017 1:05 pm
(@loicv)
Topic starter

Can you confirm that the dedibox XC 2016 will work with Windows 2016 server image ?

Posted : September 27, 2017 7:30 am
(@sysadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

Can you confirm that the dedibox XC 2016 will work with Windows 2016 server image ?

I personally have an XC 2016 and all of the templates for Online.net are fully operational on the machine (Tested them all this past week to double-check).

Posted : September 27, 2017 8:06 am
(@loicv)
Topic starter

Thank you for this answer. No clue with the SC 2016 problem ?

Posted : September 27, 2017 9:12 am
(@sysadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

Thank you for this answer. No clue with the SC 2016 problem ?

Unfortunately I haven't a clue as to the cause of the underlying problem. A generous member here on the forums allowed me direct access to his non-working SC 2016 for over a week during which I spent countless hours attempting to resolve the issue, but unfortunately I made no progress at all.

The issue so far has only been experienced on SC 2016 server's with the Intel V210 NIC, all SC/XC 2016 server's with the Intel I350 NIC are working as expected.

The issue is either with the Intel V210 NIC (ie. Drivers) or a limitation in place on the Online.net network. The drivers report everything is operational and working as intended, however no matter the changes made network access is never accomplished. The IP for the server isn't being provided by DHCP either (odd for Online.net in my experience), however even when the IP is manually assigned to the NIC the issue is still present.

When I manually added the IPv4 IP to the NIC the server would respond to ping and RDP, however RDP would hang on "Securing Connection" and never completely connect. I had similar issues with both TeamViewer and VNC.

Something is whacked on the networking front.

Posted : September 27, 2017 3:05 pm
Share: